Wednesday, June 4, 2014


Gold putti bowl:  $4.99 @ Value Village

This is interesting...it looks expensive, doesn't it?  Even close up...but it turns out it's made out of plastic and ceramic!  I would never have guessed that...they don't normally use chrome paint on ceramic! 

That's fine with me.  What wasn't fine was, the last price was written on the bottom - and it was only $1!!  The fact that they were charging 5 times more than the last store just irked me.

When I looked closer, I saw why.  The figure had broken off the stand and had been glued back!  It wasn't a clean break either.  There are some chips, but luckily it's mostly at the back.

I think it was probably sold at Penny Pincher before...they have prices that low, and they also mark things with an initial like this one has.

Despite that, I still think it looks good, which is why I bought it anyway.  I lost my nerve to haggle, since I didn't feel like arguing, and I thought they'd tell me it'd be double the price if it were in perfect condition.

It's a dupe of these kind of dishes, normally made from bronze and crystal (or glass):


Ironically, those ones don't go for much either!  I've seen them sell for around $15-$20 (of course sellers price them wayyy higher on buy it now).  3-4 times the price this one was, even though the quality is much more than that.  I wonder if mine ever came with a lid like that one did.

I haven't seen any like mine on the internet...possibly because nobody cares, considering how little the real ones go for!

I'm still happy about it though.  I haven't found anything like this before, and this was in my price range.  I don't even know if I would have paid $20 for one of the good ones...they are pretty heavy and breakable!

I'm sure they wouldn't have been as low either.  The similar items I have seen were priced at $50+!  

The face is also pretty nice on this one.  Way better than some of the brass ones I've seen!  A win-win all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment