Friday, September 20, 2013


Pearlescent white mermaid soap dish:  $4.99
Set of 4 victorian cherub print coasters in a tin:  $.99

Both @ Value Village

That mermaid caught my eye right away!  I loved her pose and expression...she seemed so flirty and carefree.  I thought she'd be an amazing display piece.  She's around 7 inches tall and 6 inches wide.


Most statuettes I see are horribly carved with super ugly faces, so this was a nice surprise.  This is so nicely sculpted!  She even has nipples.

But....I'm so mad.  When I got home, I accidentally dropped the bag...her head broke off!  I glued it back on, but you can still see the damage:


It still looks alright from far away, but up close it's so crappy.  I really wish I was more careful, I already wrapped it in clothing but I didn't expect it to fall out.  

I'll just see if I can replace it later on.  I've seen them sell for $20+ online!  A lot of them are painted too, which I think makes them look super ugly.  

The coasters were an afterthought.  I almost put them back, but I thought the image was worth $1.  2 of the coasters are pretty used, but the other half are fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment