Monday, June 6, 2011


Musical jewelry box:  $4.99 @ Salvation Army

I really didn't want to pay that much, but I found it so charming....I finally relented since it was for charity.

Ironically, the guy behind me tried to haggle for a hat-the clerk was willing to offer him a 25% off discount, so perhaps I'll try my luck the next time I'm in this conundrum.

I actually left the store and came back for it!  You can see why I was so enamored with this thing: it plays Swan lake, and it features dancing swans!


If it was a few bucks I would have picked it up without a second thought, but I was unsure for five bucks.  It is only plastic, I wouldn't have hesitated if it was made of a better quality material.

It's marked YAP's Hong Kong 1981 on the back-turns out the company is still around, good for them!

They have some awesome stuff-I would have been soooo happy if I found this one instead!  I'm going to have to keep my eye out for this company.

2 comments:

  1. Omg!! I had one like that as a kid. Unfortunatly mine got broken :( I hope I will be that lucky as you and find one again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh, that sucks! I think I've seen them on ebay before. Hopefully you'll find another one!

    ReplyDelete